In this position you will provide support for clients from all verticals who are using our enterprise suite of eLearning web-based software.
Back to Career Opportunities
What would I be doing in this role at Desire2Learn?
The Customer Support Representative requires an individual who has experience in resolving highly technical complex client issues. You possess technical knowledge, problem solving skills and experience in a helpdesk environment providing senior level technical support to clients. In this position you will provide support for clients from all verticals who are using our enterprise suite of eLearning web-based software.
What would my main duties be?
- Receives information requests, feature requests, troubleshooting requests and complaints from end users, administrators, and executives by phone, email, TTY
- Takes action to resolve calls based on product and system knowledge as well as information found in internal and external resources
- As needed, updates support tickets to reflect actions taken, resolution achieved or further action required
- Informs Customer Support Managers of any technical issues, gaps, errors, missing information in the Knowledge Base and makes suggestions to improve and update processes and documentation
- Receives telephone calls and emails, requiring periods of prolonged sitting for approximately 90% of the time
- Responsibility allocation: 80% phone, 10% management of incident queue unless otherwise specified
- 24/7shift rotation
What is Desire2Learn looking for from me?
- 2+ years of experience supporting web based applications in a customer service or help-desk environment
- Working knowledge of supported browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- An understanding of PC and Mac OS
- Knowledge of acceptable file extensions
- Knowledge of Call Centre technology (eg. ticketing systems and knowledgebase software) and call center telephony (eg.Avaya)
- Customer service, communication, listening and human relations skills are required in order to determine client needs, understand and relay information, build positive rapport, confidence and trust and participate as an effective team member.
- Attention to detail, organizational and time management skills are essential in order to accurately enter data, maintain records, focus on multiple priorities and handle high call volumes in a fast paced environment
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills are required to effectively deal with customers in crisis
- Ability to relate in a professional, courteous, calm and friendly manner to all types of callers from different backgrounds who hold different positions
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in a Business or Technical field
Division/Department: Customer Support
Type of Position: Full-time
Location: Kitchener, Canada
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. To make the best use of your time and ours, only those applicants whose profiles closely match our requirements will be contacted directly.