Be the Product Champion! Instil a sense of excitement about our products within the organization, and the e-Learning community as a whole.
What would I be doing in this role at Desire2Learn?
As a member of the Agile Team, the Product Manager will work hand in hand with stakeholders and software developers throughout the entire product development lifecycle in order to define, design, develop, and deliver ground breaking applications that transform teaching and learning.
The Product Manager interprets and communicates the product vision, business strategy and direct input from customers and prospects to the development teams. The Product Manager represents the voice of the user throughout the software development process, and works closely with the development teams to deliver a high quality product that addresses real customer needs.
The Product Manager is responsible for the Product Backlog for a specific development effort. The Product Manager works with stakeholders across the organization to create, manage, and prioritize the product backlog. The Product Manager breaks down backlog items – from large epics and features groups, to specific/granular user stories. This necessitates knowledge of end user’s needs, domain knowledge of the space itself (e.g., analytics, content, assessment), and the longer term technology roadmap within Product Development.
The Product Manager plays a significant role in strategic direction of the product and will engage across all functions and levels of the organization. The Product Manager must be passionate about continuously delivering highly innovative software solutions to the market.
What would my main duties be?
- Gather requirements coming from Marketing, Professional Services, Customer Support, Consulting, customers and prospects
- Create and document the Product Vision
- Define the Product Backlog and Product Roadmap for the nominated product(s).
- Determine the product market impact and future product direction
- Develop an understanding of the customer’s needs
- Constantly re-prioritize the Product Backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority.
- Help determine the appropriate feature/product Release Dates
- Actively manage internal and external stakeholders as part of development process
- Accept or reject the product teams work results at each Sprint Review meeting
- Provide regular reporting including product spend, scope, schedule and planning
- Collaborate with other Product Managers and Solution Managers on a common vision across products and solutions
- Work closely with UX designers to ensure a compelling UI
- Validate the user stories/features/functionality/design with target user personas
- Single point of contact for any questions related to the product’s purpose, behavior and vision through the development process
- Advocate, support and contribute to ongoing improvement of Agile/SCRUM practice
What is Desire2Learn looking for from me?
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical environment in the role of Product Manager, Technical Product Manager, Product Owner, Project/Program Manager or Business Analyst
- Experience defining and writing business requirements
- A strong understanding of current web, data, cloud and mobile technologies
- Ability to actively manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Individual must be a creative thinker, confident and able to express complex ideas in an articulate, concise manner
- Prior experience leading technical and business teams desired
- Agile development experience desired
- Agile planning methodologies desired
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields of study
Ref #: D2LCTPM
Division/Department: Product Development
Type of Position: Full-time
Location: Kitchener, Canada
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. To make the best use of your time and ours, only those applicants whose profiles closely match our requirements will be contacted directly.