As a Desire2Learn Senior Technical Solutions Engineer you will be a point person to comprehensively present our solutions to prospects and clients.
Back to Career Opportunities
What would I be doing in this role at Desire2Learn?
As a Desire2Learn Senior Technical Solutions Engineer you will be a point person to comprehensively present our solutions to prospects and clients. We are looking for a highly knowledgeable and capable individual with a proven track record of providing complex, high-value technical sales solutions to the Education, Corporate, and Government industries. You will work closely with sales to discuss business problems, gather requirements, and build technical proposals culminating in the successful closure of sales to clients. Your deep technical skills, combined with well polished highly energetic presentation skills, will ensure potential clients are receptive to your understanding of their needs and challenges, as well your recommendations on successful technical implementation.
This position is particularly focused on providing vision, technical specifications, reference designs, and proof-of-concept for integrations between Desire2Learn products and 3rd-party software tools. Experience developing integrations between web applications is a requirement; experience with web-based education software is a major plus.
What would my main duties be?
The Senior Technical Solutions Engineer (STSE) is responsible for technical sales activities that help achieve the revenue objectives determined by the company for the region/area where assigned. In order to accomplish these objectives, the STSE should have proven experience in identifying technical and business requirements, developing a technical sales strategy, configuring and effectively demonstrating solutions that address these requirements and providing business value to our clients. Demonstrations include presentations to business and technical audiences ranging from end users to Senior Executives. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Be an expert in Desire2Learn products, including architecture, functionality, usage, and deployment methodologies
- Develop plans for integrations between Desire2Learn's suite of products and 3rd-party products
- Coordinate with sales reps to manage complex, high-value enterprise solution sales with a 6 to 12 month purchasing cycle
- Work closely with sales to gather and understand technical requirements, produce and present technical proposals to meet clients' business and technical needs
- Work with a high degree of creativity, attention to detail, and high responsiveness with minimal oversight
- Manage multiple simultaneous sales processes, using deep knowledge of Desire2Learn products, service, internal workflows, and networks of subject matter experts to assemble a complete technical solution
- Understand and communicate business intelligence, acting as a conduit between Sales, Product Development, and Services units within the company to produce short- and long-term value to clients and prospects
- Assists sales in qualifying business opportunities
- Helps identify milestones and tactics necessary to win the sales opportunity
- Works in tandem with sales to differentiate the Desire2Learn solution from competitors, anticipating and handling objections along the way
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver features, competitive advantages and business benefits of Desire2Learn technology
- Works in tandem with sales to develop proposals for Desire2Learn solutions and actively contributes to RFP responses
- Provides rapid, accurate responses to questions from sales staff in the field
- Displays initiative and self motivation and delivers high quality work, meeting deadlines for both internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
What is Desire2Learn looking for from me?
- 5+ years experience in an sales engineering position or equivalent with a heavy emphasis on consultative solution selling
- Extensive experience in software development, web and database technologies, and especially development of integrations between web applications.
- Proven understanding of enterprise technology deployment, database and communication server technology, software design and architecture
- Proven ability to translate complex technical requirements into a working software solution
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ideal candidate will have experience in developing technology-based solutions for the education market
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service skills, product demonstration skills, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to craft a solution and develop proposals and RFP responses with appropriate products and services based on client discussions
- Willing and able to travel extensively 50%+
- Fluent in English required, additional language skills a major plus
Type of Position: Full-time
Location: , Canada
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. To make the best use of your time and ours, only those applicants whose profiles closely match our requirements will be contacted directly.