A trusted advisor to Desire2Learn's Premium Support customers providing technical guidance while focusing on their operational and development systems
Back to Career Opportunities
What would I be doing in this role at Desire2Learn?
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a trusted advisor to Desire2Learn's Premium Support customers providing technical guidance for projects, infrastructure (where applicable), and support issues; all while focusing on their operational and development systems. The TAM will provide a vital role in supporting customer's current and future environments, while keeping their success as a key driver.
The TAM will maintain a long-term relationship with their customers and will develop a deep understanding of their development and production environments, as well as their business challenges and objectives. The TAM will also provide escalation management and technical solutions to their designated accounts, while at the same time focusing on their primary business challenges, IT goals, and their pain points. This will allow the TAM to create a Service Delivery Plan ensuring their customers' operational success with Desire2Learn products.
The TAM will have a personal engagement with their customers and develop a working partnership to address issues before they arise, effectively a virtual part of their customers' teams.
The TAM will work closely with other internal departments within Desire2Learn working as a team and must be able to achieve results through effective team collaboration.
The TAM will also be responsible to prepare and deliver Technical presentations to the customer at least once a year at the customers' site, so some travel will be expected.
What would my main duties be?
- Represent the customer's needs as in internal advocate across Desire2Learn organization with the skills and knowledge to quickly address specific support requirements
- Deliver offerings as defined in the TAM program
- Provide mission critical support, monitor complex and critical issues and work closely with the T2, T3 engineers, and Support Management and SaaS groups to ensure proper escalation and resolution processes are utilized
- Communicate proactively with accounts regarding product and program information, supportability issues and strategic product plans where appropriate
- Act as a liaison between the customer and other Desire2Learn teams, including Sales, Engineering, Professional Services and the product teams as required over the life cycle of the customer's LMS application
- Provide customers with proactive information such as weekly status reports and biweekly calls
- Maintain proactive customer relationships
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of Desire2Learn solutions
- Maintain CRM and other relevant customer account information
- Co-ordinate and provide architectural reviews at the customer's site
- Co-ordinate and provide on-site assistance as needed to resolve product issues
- Record and document pre and post on-site visits
- Provide TAM priority based customer support
- Gently up sell Desire2Learn solutions and services
What is Desire2Learn looking for from me?
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar role or a software services or technical role
- Strong technical knowledge of hosting environments and infrastructure (Servers, SAN, NAS, etc)
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Platforms
- Strong technical knowledge of SQL and/or other Database Technology
- Strong technical knowledge of mail systems (MS Exchange)
- Strong technical knowledge of Virtualization technologies (VM Ware)
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Previous account management experience preferred
- Previous knowledge of learning management systems, preferably Desire2Learn
- Strong project organizational skills
- Relationship building skills and conflict negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Self-starter, capable working independent and remotely
- Ability to think critically; to identify problems and to generate evaluates and implements real-time
- Ability to travel
- Ability to be on call in afterhours situations
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- ITIL Foundation Certificate a bonus
Division/Department: Customer Support
Type of Position: Full-time
Location: Kitchener, Canada
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. To make the best use of your time and ours, only those applicants whose profiles closely match our requirements will be contacted directly.