We are seeking a Technical Support Analyst, Tier 2 with a flexible schedule, and experience working in a fast-paced environment.
What would I be doing in this role at Desire2Learn?
We are seeking a Technical Support Analyst, Tier 2 with a flexible schedule, and experience working in a fast-paced environment. The Technical Support Analyst, Tier 2 requires an individual who has experience in resolving highly technical complex client issues. You possess technical knowledge, problem solving skills and experience in a helpdesk environment providing senior level technical support to clients. In this position you will provide support for clients from all verticals who are using our enterprise suite of eLearning web-based software.
To be considered for this role candidates would describe themselves as being goal oriented, results driven, and analytical in nature. A successful candidate will be dedicated, enjoy project-based work, and have the ability to multi-task. We emphasize a positive environment with the use of self-managed work teams. Dealing with clients will be required on a daily basis, so strong interpersonal skills are essential.
What would my main duties be?
- Resolving specific client issues under tight time constraints
- Identifying bugs
- Identifying and correcting improperly configured installations
- Identifying and solving site related issues
- Updating incidents with all appropriate details
- Providing timely updates on issues
- Improving Desire2Learn product/tool design and efficiency by reviewing and providing feedback on functional specifications, technical specifications and submitting Feature Requests, Usability Issues and Bugs to Product Development
- Working with market leading clients on highly technical issues, and be responsible for related follow-up issues
- Providing Services to clients such as:
- Performance investigation
- System level and/or database level Reports
- Information requests
- Updating database with scripts
- Participating in On-call support rotation
What is Desire2Learn looking for from me?
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a senior level, top tier, technical support or help desk role
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Minimum of two years of experience working with relevant programming technologies
- At least one year of experience working with Internet technologies
- (Windows 2003 Server, IIS, MS SQL Server)
- Experience with eLearning software an asset
- Experience developing and supporting enterprise software applications
- Bilingual (English/French)or (English/Spanish) an asset
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills
- Proven team player and ability to work well with others
- Focused on customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification an asset
- Knowledge of eLearning, Learning Management Systems and Internet technologies
Ref #: D2LTSA2
Division/Department: Customer Support
Type of Position: Full-time
Location: Kitchener, Canada
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. To make the best use of your time and ours, only those applicants whose profiles closely match our requirements will be contacted directly.